Connection speed of ADSL service

I applied for ADSL internet service from NTC which cost me NRs 1404. When I paid the sum and got username and login password, I asked for the instructions for setup. Then I got a reply ‘check our website’. I am applying for the internet connection and how could I check the site to get setup instructions? I feel the need of having printed page of what they have pasted on their internet site about configuration. I checked their site with other dialup connection and saved the pages so that I can use setup information offline.

I got the ADSL connection on the same day (evening though I applied in the afternoon) I applied for. When I got a problem with setup, I even received a call back for further instructions. They asked me to go to their office for modem setup and could not help online but later I could setup myself through the instructions printed in the ADSL brochure and NTC website. While following the ADSL setup procedure, there is one thing which we need to consider is the ‘configuration parameters’ listed at NTC’s site (specially, VPI --- 8, VCI --- 81). The service was good for initial few days but it started deteriorating and connection speed could be felt even worse than usual dialup connection. When I checked the connection speed on connection icon, it was 100Mbps. I think it will show that for all type of Ethernet connections but I could not see the actual connection speed. Do you know how to check ADSL connection speed?

Comments

to check speed of you internet connect visit www.speedtest.net with this site u can check of internet of any isp. hope it will work for u.

Popular Posts