Hacked by Godzilla - Help!

My brother was not using computer to be online for some time. I asked for the reason and he told me that he has a problem in his computer. He told me that whenever he launches Internet Explorer, he gets a message “Hacked By Godzilla”. Thinking that the problem may defect further, he was not using the computer. Last week, I checked his computer. I was surprised to see that I could not double click to open any drive on the computer (Computer posses three drives partition). I had to right click to each drive to open or explore. Even in the right click, there was the text in unreadable sign form like !&#$*…


I checked internet for the solution of ‘Hacked by Godzilla’ through my laptop and according to the solutions, I have to delete “MS32DLL.dll.vbs” and “autorun.inf” from the system and root drive of each drives. To visualize the files, I had to check “show hidden files” under folder options. I tried several times to show hidden files but just after clicking OK “show hidden files” options changes to “do not show hidden files”. I don’t understand whether it is also due to same Godzilla or there are other viruses. I also tried to fix the problem under ‘Safe mode’ but could not. Finally, I decided to format C:\ and reinstall the windows xp. Finally, I do not see ‘Hacked by Godzilla’ and I could also double click C:\ drive and also change the folder option to “show or hide hidden files” of the drive. However, I faced the same problem to drive D:\ and others. I looked for “autorun.inf” within those drives but could not see. Then tried to “show hidden files” but this also did not work. After turning off the computer and on again, I have the same problem to all the drives and same “Godzilla” problem again just like before formatting. What to do? Do you have any solutions? Please help!

Comments

DON said…
I am sure you have been to lots of webpage and forums for checking the solution. Have you checked this one:

http://www.technixupdate.com/how-to-remove-hacked-by-godzilla-virus-in-5-minutes/

I went through some of the forums and websites, this one appeared more promising to me. I hope you will be able to fix the problem.
Saggyani said…
Dear DON,
Thank you very much for the link. I tried it too but could not fix the problem. May be there are other problems too beside Godzilla. I boot my computer with Windows98 system diskette. From DOS, using attrib -h command, I can see files 'autorun.inf' and 'ms32dll.dll.vbs' but while trying to delete them, I could not. Is there a strong DOS command to delete them?

Popular Posts