Etihad Airways discriminate passengers

I was flying to Kathmandu from Brussels taking Etihad Airways with transit at Abu Dhabi. The first flight to Kathmandu from Abu Dhabi was after 14 hours of my arrival at Abu Dhabi. I was in a hope that the Airways would provide hotel or lounge during the transit time. However, while approaching the 'Guest transfer' desk, they just asked me to wait for the flight. While discussing on the long transit time they told me that they do have provision for other passenger but not for the passenger flying to Kathmandu. I had normal fare ticket and for Etihad, I was a 'Guest' (according to their motto), then why they have different system especially for Kathmandu passenger?. Isn't it a discrimination towards the passenger flying to certain route or country?. I am not sure of international rule on transit passenger rights otherwise we could put a case against this behaviour. Please share your experience and especially rule on transit passenger rights.

Comments

Unknown said…
It is clearly seen that Nepalese People are widely discriminated especially in middle-east and countries populated by Indians,it may be because of dominant attitude or may be a failure of our government to protect the interest of the citizens abroad. We need to raise our voice peacefully against such discrimination and bring it to the notice of media. Let us together take the responsibility of educating our people about our rights.
Unknown said…
think yourself lucky im a 40 year wheelchair user due to a broken back injury i am paraplegic and ive just been informed i cannot travel on any of their planes unless i bring someone with me ? ive lived alone for 20 years so its not like i need my food cutting up and carnt hold a knife and fork and feed myself LOL.

supposed to be the 21st century and laws against this kind of thing
Anonymous said…
Etihad airways ... give me a break! They are new have appalling delays in my experience, poor customer service, cheap food, poor maintenance, and many unhappy passengers... thats why they offer such cheap fares ... they have lots of empty seats to fill!
boycott_etihad@live.co.uk said…
I got to your blog, after googling 'etihad discriminates'.

I am currently having issues with Etihad concerning racism and the poor treatment of Asian passengers.

I would like to get some more information from you, about your experience or anyone else's experiences, of less favourable treatment, on account of race.

I am going to sue Etihad in the UK for a breach of the Race Relations Act 1976, because you cannot treat people differently because of the colour of their skin.

Of course, I understand if you do not wish to give any written evidence.

I thank you for your time with this matter, and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards.

boycott_etihad@live.co.uk

Popular Posts