How to change double spaces between two sentences in to single space?

When I got a report with double spaces between two sentences, I feel little bit uncommon. I have been using single space between sentences though I have used single, 1.5 or double-spacing between lines. Since, I have not used double space between sentences, I also feel confused whether single space or double space is the correct writing. No matter which one is correct, I wanted to change double space to single and search for its process. First, I tried with help of MS-word but I got information on line spacing but not on sentence spacing. I also tried Google search but after a long try, I could find the solution. The solution was not hard though it took me sometime to discover. Hence, I am sharing the same here thinking that it might be helpful for others.

Please follow the following procedure.

1. Click "Tools" from the menu bar or press F7.
2. You will get "Spelling and Grammar" windows.
3. Click "Options" box
4. In the Grammar section, there is a box "Settings", click it.
5. Now you will see a "Grammar Settings" box
6. There is a bold word "Require" under Grammar and style options
7. There are three options: Don't check, 1 and 2 for the task "Spaces required between sentences". Usually the default is Don't check.
8. Change the option to 1 if you want single space between the sentences or 2 for double spaces.

Comments

Popular Posts