Arriving International Airport at Kathmandu


I was back to Nepal after two years though this was not my first experience of being out of the country. When I landed safely at Tribhuvan International Airport, I feel home and relaxed. I had learned many good theories and thoughts to make the country progress which I was thinking to apply slowly. Once I entered the arrival lounge, I feel to start from there itself. It was dark, small and unorganized. Many Nepalese passengers must have learned the queue system when they are outside but have forgotten as soon as they stepped down to Nepal. Foreigners also have followed Nepalese and the scene was like a sell at open market. The entry registry system was outdated. I don’t know what they register and how they use the information filled in a small ‘arrival registry’ slip if required for intensive investigation. The passport scanning system might be efficient and reliable but when it will be introduced at TIA is still a question. After getting stamped in my passport, I waited for baggage. I looked for trolley. Getting trolley was like winning lottery as there were very few trolleys. The one which were there were old, rusty and with defect either in wheel or brake. Anyway, it was trolley and better than loading the baggage on my back. Single baggage scanning desk at final gate with all the officials (customs, security officials, airport management, …). I don’t understand why all officials need to make a crowd at the desk when there was already a passenger crowd waiting for the luggage check. Finally, I could breathe fresh air outside the terminal but it didn’t last long. I had to push my trolley some meters further to get a ‘normal’ taxi. There was a provision of allowing only ‘airport taxi’, which cost almost five times the normal rate, at arrival gate. I got in to normal taxi but after getting in, he asked for double the meter. I was not in a mood to argue due to hectic flight and long transit hour. I started to adopt the system giving up the hope for the learned theories and plans of improvements for my country.

Comments

Popular Posts