Wasting time on internet

Today, Internet is a part of life due to easy access to information. Internet user may redefine the phrase ’life without wife...’ to ’life without internet...’. One can connect to wife through internet but there will be a problem to connect internet through wife. Everyone uses internet for their own purposes. Either for news, entertainment, socialization, education, travel, sports, games... everything, we depend upon internet. Sometimes we search ourselves to know how popular we are. It is a good resource for many things but have you ever calculated the time you are utilizing/wasting on internet just for email reading and writing?

Normal internet users read news, search information, look definitions and meanings and so on but many use internet just for messaging. Email reading and writing is one of the main uses of internet for high percentage. While checking my emails in different email accounts, I find total of 7587 emails. The number is of only five years. Emails before that were deleted frequently due to storage problem. The email number might seems small due to the single count for many conversations in Gmail. The email content varies and it may take short or long time to read and reply a message. The office emails are read thoroughly, many consists of attached files, reply needs more time compare with friends or family emails. If I consider average of 5 minutes per mail, I used 37935 minutes for emailing during five years time. That is 632 hours or 126.5 hours each year. If email writing and receiving rate is like of last five years, I will be wasting my 21 minutes every day just for emails. The deletion of spam emails, login time and attachment delay or server delays, connection speed are not calculated. You may be wasting less/more than what I am wasting. If I waste my time with this rate, I will be wasting more than 106 days just for emails in coming 20 years time.

Comments

Popular Posts