Is this a NTC bypass call?

Nepal Telecom (NTC) notices on call bypass and illegal services which losses the country in tax and other services. I was not aware of it till this notice came in public. Before that I was just surprised to see local telephone number in my telephone set even the call was international especially from USA. Again, I am surprised to receive call in Norway from Nepal with unknown number. It might be call bypass but I am not sure.

Usually, when my family members call from Nepal to Norway, I used to see the exact telephone number (mobile or local number). However, it displayed 4953224316478 which is unknown number for me. While asking about the number, I was told that the call is normal directly dialled from pre-paid NTC mobile. I used to see exact number for the similar call earlier. Yes, when someone calls from budget call or through Voip call, it was usual to see ‘unknown number’ instead of exact telephone number. It is really a strange to see number of unknown person/place.

It may be helpful for NTC for further investigation. While checking the above unknown number, it seems to be from Germany (international code 49) but I did not find any city code with 5, 53, or 532 in Germany. If you know anything about this number, do share with others.

Comments

Popular Posts