Autorun.inf of Panda USB Vaccine can be deleted!

I was facing a problem of malwares and viruses frequently. Those malwares like Conficker worm used to spread while I was plugging same USB drive in different computers or others are using their drives  in my computer  for file sharing or printing. The most frequent problem was  "AutoRun" file on these devices. Sometimes it used to crash the computer and in other time it used to delete or hide folders. It used to spread so fast that without notice all devices used to be infected by this problem.  I was looking for the solution and there were some. However it was consuming too much time.

Finally, I came to know about "Panda USB Vaccine" and used the free version. It worked and solved the problem as stated in its website "It offers a double layer of preventive protection, allowing users to disable the AutoRun feature on computers as well as on USB drives and other devices". Now there are two concerns, one is "Autorun.inf" produced by vaccine itself as it is confusing whether it is the "good"  autorun or bad autorun file. Another is "USB drives that have been vaccinated cannot be reversed except with a format". In some blogs, it is even stated that autorun.inf file produced by vaccine is not deleted by other operating systems like linux. However, I am happy to inform you that I could delete 'autorun.inf' file produced by Panda USB Vaccine through Puppy Linux 4.3.1. I don't know whether this is really 'reverse' or not.

Comments

Popular Posts