Windows 7 installation language problem

Yesterday, I installed windows 7 with clean setup. The setup is fast than normal xp setup and it also incorporated all the device setup. Usually I had to provide board driver and other drivers like of modem, router, sound card etc after new Windows xp installation. However, Windows 7 didn't ask for any. Everything seems working perfect without extra driver installation. The sound, internet connection, display and other regular things are working smooth. The total space taken by the installation is about 13.2 GB. Its a huge harddisk space but harddisk space is no problem these days as it costs less than RAM or processor. The setup time is really short compare to Windows xp and computer boot up is also fast.

The main problem I faced during installation is language problem. During installation process, when I was asked for language and currency format, keyboard format, and time region, I checked for language and region, I provided Nepal/Nepali. I faced a problem to inter user name and computer name later. I typed the user name and it displayed in Nepali font but when I typed the computer name, it could not accept the font or language and I could not go further for setup. Finally, I reboot the computer and it came to the same place, to enter username and computer name. When I typed username, the computer name typed as 'username'-PC. The username is in the language selected and PC in English. When I click ok, it returned error or not right format for name message . So I deleted local language word 'username' from 'username-PC' in the computer name field. Now the field only got 'PC' in English. When I pressed 'ok' it accepted and the installing continued.

I am not sure whether the local language, keyboard, local region time setup problem is only with Nepali language or it is also with other languages but there is something wrong with the setup with Nepali language for sure. Since there is an option to change these settings once setup is over hence it is better to install with English language at least for username and computername.

Comments

Popular Posts